Sunday, June 12, 2011

Keeping Up' with Kim Kardashian's romance

Keeping Up' with Kim Kardashian's romance



She has her man, her rock -- make that a 20.5-carat rock -- and she has launched the Kardashian wedding-planning machine into high gear.
"We said, 'Let's take a little vacation to Monaco, and when we're back, let's do it," says the 30-year-old reality star, who has her eye set on a summer wedding to NBA star Kris Humphries.
"We hope, so
Kardashian, who accepted Humphries' proposal May 18, says the two have been an item "for almost eight months.
The early stages of their relationship will be on full display when Season 6 of Keeping Up With the Kardashians premieres Sunday (E!, 10 p.m. ET/PT).
"You'll definitely get introduced to Kris and see how my relationship has blossomed," says Kardashian, who is used to having her personal life play out on TV. But, unlike her sister, that doesn't necessarily include televised nuptials.
"We've talked about it, but we haven't made the decision yet," Kardashian says. "I definitely get how it would be really special, and we'd have that memory (recorded) forever, but it's a personal decision, and we just have to decide."
An elopement, however, is out of the question: "I've always dreamed of having a big, elaborate wedding."
Her family already has big expectations. Khloe told E! Online that her sister's big day is sure to rival that of Prince William's royal wedding in April to Kate Middleton.
"Is that what they've been saying? I don't know about that!" Kardashian says, laughing.
As for mom Kris having the same name as Kardashian's fiancé? "It's really funny. What are the chances? When I heard his name is Kris with a 'K,' I was like, 'Oh my God, really?'"
It will be the first marriage for Humphries, 26, and the second for Kardashian. In 2000, Kardashian married music producer Damon Thomas. The pair divorced in 2004.
Now older and wiser, Kardashian says Humphries is The One. "He just fits in. He's so easy to get along with," she says. And she likes the busy life of having an NBA significant other, which she now has in common with her sister. "I knew a lot about it from Khloe," Kardashian says. "I travel myself a lot, so if I'm in town and there's a game, I love to go and support him.
And when it comes to her reality-TV life, "he's gotten comfortable with it. He also knew what he was getting himself into dating me. I think he's passed!"
Even though they're comfortable in front of the cameras, you won't be seeing the soon-to-be-newlyweds starring in a spinoff of their own.
"I don't think so," Kardashian says. "I love their show (her sister's spinoff, Khloe & Lamar), but after Keeping Up With the Kardashians, I would want to be behind the scenes and exective-produce."
Also in Kardashian's future: a move to New Jersey, where Humphries' job as a player for the New Jersey Nets is based.
"I think that's the kind of thing you have to do for your husband, no matter where it will be," she says. "But I'll still have my (Beverly Hills) house."
It is, after all, where Humphries proposed. "I'll never get rid of it."

No comments:

Post a Comment